Home » Tax Help

Tax Help

Tax Help

You Can Complete Your Tax Return at  the King Valley Learning Exchange Moyhu— FREE

Appointments Now Being Taken For Mondays & Thursdays in Moyhu

Fridays in Whitfield at the King Valley Community Memorial Hall

Is Your Income $50,000 or Less?    

An experienced trained volunteer consultant will assist you with this.      

Appointments essential

  • King Valley Learning Exchange on 5727 9548 .
  • Email: kvle@people.net.au

In 2014 , you may need a myGov account to lodge your tax return online. If you do not have a myGov account, we encourage you to register at my.gov.au before your Tax Help appointment.

If you need assistance to set up a myGov account contact the King Valley Learning Exchange.

To prepare your tax return, you must bring the following information (where applicable) to your appointment:.

  • ■ your myGov user ID and password

    ■ your tax file number

    ■ your BSB and bank account details.

    ■ an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years, that was issued before May 31st this year.

    ■ your medicare card or number.

    ■ your private health insurance statement showing your card details.

    ■ all your (and your spouse’s)statements from banks and financial institutions showing interest you received during the income year.

    ■ all you’re (and your spouse’s) PAYG payment summaries from your employees.

    ■ all your (and your spouse’s) payment summaries from super funds.

■ all your (and your spouse’s) Income from Centrelink or Department of Veterans Affairs (including details of any tax-free pensions or benefits).

■ all your (and your spouse’s) dividend, super and managed fund statements or details of the amounts you received.

■ all your employment termination payment summaries.

■ all your (and your spouse’s) receipts for gifts, donations and work related expenses.

■ all your (and your spouse’s) details of child support payments made

■ all your (and your spouse’s) payment summaries from super funds.

If you had a spouse—married or de-facto—at any time during the financial year, you also need to bring details of their taxable income, including any of their documents, to your appointment. We will need this information to complete certain labels on your income tax return. If you cannot find out your spouse’s exact taxable income, the Tax Help volunteer will help you make a reasonable estimate of the amounts received by your spouse.